Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New operators thoughts on the Tippmann X7


Being as how I'm new I figured I might as well introduce myself and my experience with my new Tippmann X7 paintball gun.

It all started about a month ago. A new requirement for my scenario team came down. As per Tippmann's requirements (sponsorship) we are to all carry a tippy of some sort. Kind of a bummer for a guy who is used to playing with a SC Phantom or toting a cannon. I really didn't want to give up my Phantom. I've grown a little too attached to that ole' piece of technology.

Anyways, last weekend I picked up my Typpmann X7 paintball gun basic at the store. The week before I was able to buy a trinity wire stock and a 16" SP Linear barrel. I've got to say I was a little disappointed in how short the stock was and how loose it fit (both if which are fixed with proper modding). No fault of the X7's but it was an initial turn off. The barrel was great, it held a nice tight pattern with the field grade paint. The paintball gun itself performed flawlessly, no problems, no breaks or what not. My only complaint was how tough the front shroud was to attach. Darn! those pins wouldn't go in easy.

Game time, the match went pretty easy. I volunteered to play a 4 on 4 game with a bunch of speedballers. They chuckled a little when I walked up with the X7, you know how that goes. Nothing can beat a super dupper DM *insert number here*, especially a woodsballer with a tippy. Unfortunately for them they didn't take the time to listen to the ref inform them I'm on the field sponsored team. The game lasted only few minutes. I have to say I was impressed right off the bat with how the Tippmann X7 paintball gun handled itself. Good tight patterns and the proper amount of firepower to back it up. I ended up taking out 3 of the opposing teams players, no small part in due to the X7. This thing is great!Beats the stuffing out of a Tippmann 98 (the last tippy I owned).

So far that has been my experience with it. I haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces. I've got a scenario in March for that.

via: http://www.x7og.net/general-x7-discussion/4459-new-operators-thoughts-tippmann-x-7-a.html

Tippmann X7